Your skin’s surface tone is the color you’d describe yourself as having (ivory, light, medium, tan, dark, etc.) Your skin’s undertone is the color underneath the surface. Follow these steps to figure out your undertone.
Undertones are broken down like this:
Cool: Hints of bluish, pink, or a ruddy complexion.
Warm: Skin skews yellow, sallow, peachy, or golden.
Neutral: Has no obvious overtones of pink or sallow skin, but rather the skin’s natural color is more evident.
1) Find some natural light and look at the veins on the inside part of your arm.
Green veins: warm
Blue or purple: cool
2) See what color your skin turns right after a long exposure to the sun.
Golden brown: warm
3) Try on some metal jewelry to see what makes you look more radiant, glowing, and awake.
Gold jewelry: warm
Silver jewelry: cool
4) Your eye color can help determine your undertone.
Brown, amber, hazel: warm
Blue, gray, green: cool
5) Check the highlights in your hair color.
Gold, red, orange, or yellow: warm
Blue, silver, violet and ash: cool
If you can’t quite decide after all this tests, your undertone is neutral.
Subscribe to get the next one!